Badger Fly Fishers, a local non profit fly fishing club
● Join us at one of our monthly meetings – Sept. to May. We meet at the Maple Tree Supper Club in McFarland,WI. Join us for dinner at 6pm; meetings begin promptly at 7pm.
● Join us for the April meeting featuring Jim Bartelt. He will be doing a presentation titled “Journey to the other end of the world” A tour of Buenos Aires and Argentina’s Rio Grande River. The Rio Grande is located below the Straits of Magellan. It is without a doubt the world’s best Sea Run Brown Trout River. This will be on the 23rd, meeting starts at 7:00, like always at “The Maple Tree” in McFarland.
● UW-Extension is conducting this survey to understand anglers’ use of and opinions on wader cleaning stations designed to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species in Wisconsin trout streams. Participation in this survey is voluntary and you may exit the survey at any time. No risks are anticipated with survey completion and your responses are completely anonymous. The results of this survey will be used to inform a future strategy for the creation and placement of wader cleaning stations around Wisconsin.
● The U.S. EPA sent a letter to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) objecting to numerous issues in Aquila’s Wetlands Permit application. The EPA with substantial input from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers says the State of Michigan has 90 days to resolve all the issues with the mining company or deny the permit.Click “HERE” to download the review.
● The Badgers would like to thank everyone for making the “Spring Opener” a great success. The presentations from Pat Ehler’s were fantastic, the quality of the vendors, the talented fly tiers, the great bucket raffle prizes and auction items. This along with all of the great attendees made this a wonderful day – Thank You! The picture on the right shows Curt Diehl passing on the “Joan Wulff Conservation Award” to the next recipient, Tim Landwehr.
● The International Fly Fishing Film Tour “IF4T” will be at the Bavarian Bierhaus in Milwaukee on April 18th, at 7:00 PM. Tickets available at “The Fly Fishers”