Come Join Us!
● Join us at one of our monthly meetings – Sept. to May.
We meet at the Maple Tree Supper Club in McFarland,WI. Join us for dinner at 6pm; meetings begin promptly at 7pm.
● The January meeting will feature Don Wolf discussing some of the fishing opportunities on the Lake Nipigon Area of Canada. This will be on the 22nd of January, at the Maple Tree in McFarland. Supper and conversation at 6:00, meeting starts at 7:00.
● John Beth has donated another fantastic custom knife for our spring opener. ” The Buffalo Hunter” This handsome hunting knife is 8” overall with a 3 1/2” blade of 440c stainless steel. The bolsters are solid brass as are the sculpted pins and the 1/4” loop thong. The handles are Buffalo (Bison) horn – water heated, flattened – and jigged for texture.The custom sheath is Bison leather – trout and the BFF Logo embossed.The hardwood magnetic stand displays the sheath and knife. A solid handful and razor sharp! This set created for the Badger Fly Fishers 2018 Spring Opener by JOHN BETH
● The WI DNR has launched an app, or computer program to help you plan your next trout fishing adventure.It is called “T.R.O.U.T” – Trout Regulations and Opportunities User Tool.The Trout Regulations & Opportunities User Tool (TROUT) was designed to help trout anglers find places to fish. TROUT includes trout fishing regulation, classified trout water, public land and DNR fishing easements.
Wisconsin boasts over 13,000 miles of trout streams; deciding on just one place to fish can be daunting. TROUT will help anglers optimize their time on the water by showing where the publicly accessible land is relative to roads, bridge crossings, and trout streams. Exploring trout water just got easier. Click “here” for a link to go to the WI DNR webpage.
● The madflycasters has started their series of winter fly tying events called “Drinking with scissors”. These are fun events where you can drink a fine beer, tie some flies, and talk to other people who are also tying flies. There is more information on their Facebook page. If you don’t have Facebook, here are some of the scheduled events.
● December 19th, Capital Brewing, 6:00 PM
● February 7th, Rockhound Brewing Company, 6:00 PM
● February 21st, ALT Brew, 6:00 PM
● Jim Romberg, along with many other famous fly fishers, including Jimmy Carter, favorite flies are featured in a new book ‘Americas Favorite flies”. The proceeds of the book help fund the work to make waters continually healthier through the Native Fish Society, and the James River Association. There is also a poster available showing the flies. Click “here” to go directly to the website.
● Read our monthly newsletter
● To join the Badger Fly Fishers – see the membership page