Come Join Us!
● Join us at one of our monthly meetings – Sept. to May.
We meet at the Maple Tree Supper Club in McFarland,WI. Join us for dinner at 6pm; meetings begin promptly at 7pm.
●Our monthly meetings are done until we meet again in September on the 25th. However – the summer picnic will be at Donald Park, just north of Mt. Vernon on Hwy 92. It will be on August 12th, 10:00 till about 2:00, food, and casting instruction by Brian Ramsey. So save the date, more details to follow as it gets closer.
● The Back Forty mine tour will have a stop in Madison on July 17th, 5:30 PM at the Madison Public Library.(201 W. Mifflin Street) Learn how you can protect WI waters from a proposed sulfide mine. This is a free event, but hey would like you to RSVP at their (River Alliance of WI) face book page. https://www.facebook.com/events/1332867376761646
●There is a multitude of things going on with the “Back Forty” mine near the Menominee River.
*For updates on the “Back Forty” mine project – click this link. Back Forty
*For a video from Gary Besaw -click this link. Gary Besaw
*For a video from Deb Skubal -click this link. Deb Skubal
*For a video from Tim Landwehr -click this link. Tim Landwehr
●The Badger Fly Fishers have been spending money again:
-$2500.00 to the Harry and Laura Nohr chapter to continue their fine work on the Blue River.
-$600.00 to the Roger Lapenter Chequamegon Bay Fund.
-$750.00 to the Menominee River fund to offset costs to fight the “Back Forty Mine” project.
-$250.00 to the River Alliance of Wisconsin.
● For an interesting article on the dangerous effects of fishing for nested bass-click this link. Nesting Bass
● Read our monthly newsletter
● To join the Badger Fly Fishers – see the membership page